March 27, 2018

Tuija Heikkinen entrevista a... Laidabekaina!


Mi project Laidabekaina took its true shape when my daughter was born and filled me with inspiration. It talks about the sweetness of childhood, natural fabrics, playing with colors and doing something that fills my soul.

Since I was little, I’ve played to sew and create; art and painting have always been in my life and after giving it many thoughts, I found the closest technique to my way of being and creating, without defined patterns, simple.

Mi proyecto Laidabekaina cogió su verdadera forma cuando nació mi hija y me llenó de inspiración, habla sobre la dulzura de la infancia, de tejidos naturales, jugar con los colores, y hacer algo que me llenase el alma.

Desde pequeña he jugado a coser y crear, el arte, la pintura, siempre han estado en mi vida y después de dar muchas vueltas encontré la técnica que más se aproximaba a mi forma de ser y crear, sin patrones definidos y simple.


You design a simple, modern and vintage-inspired collection for kids. What would you design for adults if you could pick an item?
I dedicate myself professionally to the world of decoration; therefore I’d like to crochet furniture and decoration items following the same vintage aesthetics using neutral colors, such as blankets, poufs, wall hangings, cushions…


Diseñas una colección sencilla, moderna y de inspiración vintage para niños. Qué diseñarías para adultos, si pudieses elegir un artículo?
Profesionalmente me dedico al mundo de la decoración así que me gustaría hacer artículos de ganchillo para mobiliario y decoración, con la misma estética vintage y colores neutros, tipo mantas, puff, tapices, cojines..


Your beautiful and warm pictures seem to be coming out of a fairy tale. Which is your favorite fairy-tale character?
This is an easy one! My favorite tale and character is Peter Pan. I don’t only love the story but I also relate to that kid who doesn’t grow up.


Tus bonitas y cálidas fotos son como de cuento de hadas. Cuál es tu personaje favorito de los cuentos?
Esta respuesta el fácil! Mi cuento y personaje favorito es Peter Pan, además de encantarme la historia me siento muy identificada con ese niño que no crece.


Why do you crochet? If you didn’t, which technique would you use?
I would love to create tapestries; it would be perfect to make decorative items!


Porqué haces ganchillo? Si no lo hicieses, cual sería tu técnica?
Me encantaría saber hacer macramé, para realizar piezas decorativas sería ideal!


Who/what inspires motivates you in your work?
My daughter is my inspiration. The Laidabekaina’s project as we know it now was born when I was pregnant and I thought it was the sweetest thing to make my baby’s clothes.


Quién/qué te inspira y motiva en tu trabajo?
Mi inspiración es mi hija, el proyecto de Laidabekaina como lo conocemos ahora nació cuando estaba embarazada y me pareció lo más tierno del mundo hacerle ropita a mi bebé.


What’s the secret in your color palette? Please finish the sentence…

My blue is like…

My grey is like…

My yellow is like…

I love powdery and pastel colors even if I only use them to make the little clothes I crochet.
I think those colors represent the childhood to me.
My blue is like the sky at dusk or like the color of the sea on a stormy day.
My grey is like the stones in the paths, the rocks in the cliffs.
My yellow is like the sunflowers or the fields burnt by the sun

Cuál es el secreto de tu paleta de colores? Por favor termina la frase...

Mi azul es como...

Mi gris es como...

Mi amarillo es como...

Me encantan los colores empolvados y pastel aunque curiosamente solo los utilizo para la ropita que tejo.
Creo que la infancia para mi son esos colores.

Mi azul es como el cielo al atardecer o como el color del mar un día de tormenta.
Mi gris es como las piedras de los caminos, las rocas de los acantilados.
Mi amarillo es como los girasoles, los campos quemados por el sol.


This interview was made by Tuija Heikkinen and translated by Marina D. Bárcenas.

MORE CROCHATTING HERE

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Es muy bello y delicado todo lo que hace. y me encantan sus fotos también!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...