March 20, 2015

Why you should write more postcards


YOUR HANDWRITING IS AWESOME, 
USE IT MORE!
WRITE POSTCARDS!


I've always been a postcards and letters fan. I used to send postcards everytime I travelled and I asked my friends to send them to me, as I also used to collect them. However, after the invasion of sms, e-mails, whatsapps and so on, I've ended up abandoning this habit. Let's be clear, I love computers and smartphones as you do, but I think it should be something else in our lives.

Siempre he sido una loca de las postales y las cartas. Enviaba postales cada vez que viajaba a algún sitio, y pedía a mis amigos que me las enviasen a mi, ya que además las coleccionaba. Sin embargo, tras la llegada de los sms, e-mails, los whatsapp,  etc... he acabado abandonando esta costumbre. A ver, que me gusta un ordenador y un smartphone como a la que más, no nos engañemos, pero no puede haber sólo eso en la vida...




I don't know if the same thing happens with you, but I don't handwrite anymore, almost never. Yesterday I was attending a webinar in which I had to take a lot of notes very fast and it was very hard! I found difficult to handwrite, can you believe this? I guess that's why calligraphy and lettering are so trendy nowadays. We need to handwrite, even if it's just a little bit everyday...

No se si a vosotras os pasa, pero ya a penas escribo a mano. Ayer mismo estaba asistiendo a un webinar en el que tenía que tomar muchos apuntes y me costó! Me costó escribir! Con lo que hemos escrito durante tantos años... Yo creo que por eso está tan de moda últimamente la caligrafía y el lettering, necesitamos volver a escribir a mano, aunque sea un poco cada día...


That's why I've decided to pick up an idea that I have been mulling over for a while, designing postcards. Postcards have always been an object of wishing to me, they are little mini-gifts, mini-trips, mini-greetings, mini-memories.

Por esta razón he decidido retomar un proyecto que tenía en mente ya hace años, diseñar postales. Siempre han constituido un objeto de codicia y deseo para mi, son pequeños mini-regalos, mini-viajes, mini-saludos, mini-recuerdos. 



And one more reason... the surprise effect! I still remember this special moment, checking your mailbox, wondering if you'd find something for you inside... Now I open it to collect my bills and pile up pizza menus. Sad... How long has it been since you don't expect to find a postcard in your mailbox? Let's confess, years.... Imagine your friends face when opening the mailbox and finding one from you. I'd love it.

Y también por una razón más... el efecto sorpresa! Yo recuerdo cómo el momento de ir a ver el buzón era especial, habrá algo para mi hoy? Me habrá contestado fulanitez? Ahora lo abro para recoger facturas y acumular menús de pizzas. Pues vaya... Cuánto tiempo hace que no esperas encontrar una postal cuando abres el buzón? Años, confiesa. Pues imagina la cara de tus amigos al abrir el buzón y encontrar una tuya. Me encanta.


A few weeks ago I sent the Minus postcard to my mum, my first postcard, and I was so excited for a few days, waiting for her reaction. It's a small detail that can cheer someone's day up. That's what happened to my mather, and also to me, as I was waiting for it for days.

El otro día le envié la postal de Minus a mi madre, mi primera postal, y estuve nerviosa varios días, esperando su reacción. Es un pequeño detalle que puede alegrar el día de alguien, y se que para ella fue así, y para mi más aún, que estuve días esperando a ver qué me decía.


I'm listing my first postcards on my Etsy shop this days. For the moment i have 3 different collections, the "Crochet Blanket" collection, the "Arriquitaun" Collection and the "Minus" collection. Feel free to have a look, I really hope you like them.

Estoy subiendo mis primeras postales a mi tienda en Etsy. Por ahora tengo 3 colecciones, "Crochet Blanket", "Arriquitaun" y "Minus". Te invito a visitar mi tienda y espero que te guste :)



Are you a postcards fan like me? Do you miss handwriting?

Eres tú también una loca de las postales? Echas de menos escribir a mano?

4 comments:

  1. Qué razón tienes, me veo a mí misma abriendo el buzón cada día sabiendo de antemano que voy a encontrar cartas del banco y propaganda de pizzerias. :-p
    La idea de las postales me parece chulísima!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias rookiecrocheter! Me alegro de que te guste la idea, yo tenía muchas ganas de hacerlo hace años, y espero que haya más amantes de las postales desperdigados por ahí :) Un saludo!!

      Delete
  2. Hello, I just joined your blog :-).
    Just over a year ago I joint Postcrossing and now I send and receive postcards from over the world and love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ingrid! I didn't know about this Postcrossing thing! I've to learn about it, thanks for the tip :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...